The Children’s Health Council (CHC) Sand Hill School works with children who have dyslexia, other language-based learning differences, or attention and social challenges, and prepares them to transition back to a traditional classroom.
A place where kids learn to love school again. We invite you to visit in person and experience Sand Hill’s Learning EDGE.
***Complimentary Parent Classes Now Available for Stanford West residents. Please click "Here" to view the schedule and brochure.
Sand Hill School teaches bright children with dyslexia or other language-based learning differences, attention and social challenges and prepares them to transition back to a more typical classroom. Our students often come to us with a “learning disability” label, but at Sand Hill we prefer to use the term “learning difference” because we emphasize student strengths, promise and potential. We offer:
- Personalized learning for K-6 students, expanding to K-8
- Small, multiage classes with 6:1 student/teacher ratio
- 51 students in all
- Extraordinary master teachers
- Integration of CHC Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Education Specialists
- Head of School and Assistant Head of School who are experienced in best practices for learning-challenged students, school administration and teacher development
- Director of Clinical Services is a licensed psychologist experienced in social emotional learning, and anxiousness about school. [ab-approach]
- Reading, writing, math
- Social emotional learning
- Visual and performing arts
- Science, history and social studies
- Routines, structure and predictability
- Transition support
- Movement breaks
- Kids love school again