Rental Eligibility Priorities*
According to Stanford University's guidelines, the following people are eligible to live at Stanford West Apartments:
1st Priority - Faculty & Eligible Staff
- Tenure and Non-Tenure Line (includes SLAC and VA)
- Senior Fellow Members of Academic Council at Special Policy Centers and Institutes
- Senior Fellows at the Hoover Institution
- Medical Center Line (MCL)
- Clinician Educators (includes Professor (full), Associate Professor and Assistant Professor)
- N11 and N99 Staff
- Acting and Visiting Faculty
- Public Safety Officers employed by Stanford
- Other Staff employed by Stanford University or SLAC (includes Retired Faculty on Recalled Duty)
- Clinical Instructors
- Academic Postdocs (also known as Clinical or Research Fellows)
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics Medical Residents
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics (Employees and interns)
- Visiting Academics (7) (includes Fellow, Researcher, Scholar, as well as visitors to the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences - CASBS)
- Employed on Stanford Lands (includes Stanford Shopping Center, Welch Road, and Research Park)
- Employees within the city limits of Palo Alto or Menlo Park, or individuals age 62 or older who live in either of the two cities.
- All other households who do not meet the above criteria.
* Qualifying Employment: must be employed at least 30 hours per week (75% FTE) at or above the minimum wage during the entire lease term. Lease term cannot exceed duration of Qualifying Employment. Currently your eligibility priority must fall within categories 1a thru 2b.